Monday, December 31, 2012

Gingerbread House Party



For our Christmas party we made Gingerbread houses out of milk cartons, graham crackers, frosting and candy, candy, candy.
I started doing this as my "party" about 15 years ago instead of the old paperplate full of chips, cookies and cupcakes and I have never looked back. The kids always say it is the "funnest party ever!" and I agree!
I prepare the cartons the day before by washing and drying them and then hotgluing them to a plate for stabilty.
Then at the party, every child gets a big blob of frosting with a popsicle stick for spreading, graham crackers, and a baggie full of candies for decorating.  Some kids just sit and eat the candies out of their bags (but if that's their idea of a fun party, what can I say?)
  
Most kids however, get really creative.
Here are some pictures of our houses.
Slide the house, plate and all, into a 2.5 gallon ziplock bag and send it home! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment